I am just sitting down after my first official momstown event and I must say that I am feeling very pleased with it and myself. It has been an interesting journey to the execution of our monthly themed event of Snowmen and Mittens. There was of course the planning and prep of the event itself that I was doing for the first time. That was the fun part I must say. But before I could even consider having a group of moms and their kids at my house I had to do something about the basement. I bet most of the attendees did not even know that the area they were in for this event had just gone through a major transformation. Just imagine a basement with navy blue and bright yellow walls and cement floor. With a fresh coat of paint, some end of roll flooring and a weekend visit from my in-laws (thank you mom and dad) the room was ready for the event.
As far as the event goes our craft was building a snowman (see picture) and I had to cut all the peices out of paper, foam and felt and then the children got to put it all together. I felt like a teacher planning her lessons. Then there was finding some songs that we would be able to sing to familiar tunes and that had words to go with our theme. Also fun! We will be doing some more singing at our momstown music and movements starting in February and running every other Friday. Join us there! Of course the execution and putting it all together where I could watch the kids play and the moms talk, as well as get out the parachute to add to all the fun was the best part. It was amazing to watch it all unfold, and I know that as I continue to plan events I will continue to have just as much fun. At least I won't have to redecorate before each one! I look forward to many more of these events and hope to see you all out soon at one.
Your momstown Guelph mama
Leanne
No comments:
Post a Comment