Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rainy Day Blues...


Rain, rain, go away...


It's middle of July, or is it? It seems that we've been ripped off a little bit with our summer weather! As Canadians, our 'fun in the sun' time is short already. But this year...wow!!! Park playdates are rained out, sidewalk chalk is washed away and soon we will have to resort to Picasso's 'Under Umbrella's' in the park!

I didn't realize exactly how bad the summer had been so far until my 5 year old asked me when Spring ended! When I told her quite bitterly, "Last month.", this didn't seem to satisfy her. She pointed out that if Spring had ended last month then we would be in the sunshine, not the rain, and at the park, not the mall! Very valid points.

As I type this, I am also checking out the weather for the upcoming weekend. Doesn't look too promising until the middle of next week. But never fear ladies, once that hot weather hits, we will be invading parks and splashpads daily! And for those cloudy, rainy days, let's grab coffee and gripe about it together!

See you all soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment