Hi momstown Guelph moms! My name is Tania Archbold and I would like to introduce you to Mother's Nectar Lactation Consultant Services. As a mother, you know that breastfeeding is the healthiest choice for both mother and baby. The Canadian Pediatric Society recommends babies be exclusively breastfed for 6 months and then continue to be breastfed, with the introduction of solid food, for 2 years or longer.
Many mothers stop breastfeeding sooner than they wanted to because of nipple pain, low milk supply, baby's slow weight gain or other issues. As a lactation consultant, my job is to help mothers and babies get their breastfeeding relationships off to a great start, or back on track if they are having trouble. I can help mothers figure out what is causing their breastfeeding issues so that they can continue to happily breastfeed their babies.
At Mother's Nectar, you can attend prenatal breastfeeding classes. Knowing what to expect when your baby is born is very important to getting breastfeeding off to a good start. Learn the biology of how your body makes milk, how mothers and babies learn to breastfeed, and how to avoid common pitfalls that can sabotage the early breastfeeding relationship. Classes are offered in two 1.5 hour sessions in the comfort of your own home.
I also offer one-on-one breastfeeding counselling in your home. Initial consultations are usually 90 minutes long. We will discuss the breastfeeding issue you and your baby are having and develop a plan together to reach your breastfeeding goals
I am an internationally board certified lactation consultant (IBCLC). An IBCLC is a health care professional who specializes in the clinical management of breastfeeding and is the only health care professional who is board certified in lactation management. These qualifications mean I can work in partnership with your midwife or doctor to help you with breastfeeding concerns.
Tania Archbold B.Sc., IBCLC
Mother's Nectar Lactation Consultant Services
www.mothersnectar.ca
tania_ibclc@mothersnectar.ca
519-400-7098

No comments:
Post a Comment