After I talked to Leanne about the professional corner I wondered what would be my first subject. And then I thought that even though I am a professional, first and most of all I am a mother. So, I decided to share with you some of my experience from both worlds.
My advise to you is to be patient. Don't give up; even if you don't do a great job it will happen as the child grows up and you get better at it. It will pay back eventually when the kid will say "hey, you forgot to brush my teeth".
Stand half way behind your child, brush the chewing surfaces first and scrub as much as you want or the child allows you; then move on the back teeth along the gum line. Tell the child to open the mouth only half way because it allows you to get all the way in the back(if the child opens too wide the toothbrush will hurt the cheek and the little person will complain about it). Always go in an up and down movement thinking that you want to remove the food away from the gums (and never go horizontally because it is not very efficient). Then brush the front teeth.
As the child turns into a big girl or a big boy allow the child to brush first and then you do the final touch.
Even though the child is young and has lots of spaces between the teeth you can start flossing early; the reason is the child gets used to it and teaches him/her a good habit.
Brush twice a day and always before going to bed. No milk after that, water only. And once the little one turns into a sleeping angel enjoy some quiet time and don't forget to brush your teeth too.
519 824 8000
http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=s6egmqdab&et=1103642016900&s=1&e=001nBLdt0dsjws8GdtieBmALoygLmpu5cyZ4twaEDAJoY9Yg1vpHOmCs5I6EnWsG6MHvw27JoKJFiArNAd7DE7VEzyYkSBz-ZLbw6HGZSkg4bFWBL_ih_gPfw==
Thanks for sharing details for the guest blog for dentist. Every age group are suffering from dental issues and now a day many techniques have been coming up with much pain free treatment for every individual in Guelph Dentist.
ReplyDelete