It is tradition for momstown chapters to arrange a trip to the sugar bush as spring approaches.
So I will be the very first to admit that the maple bush trip is one of my favorites! I have a very sweet tooth that waits all year for the fresh maple syrup, maple candy and all the other goodies that come with it!
This morning our momstown Guelph moms headed out to the bush and we had an amazing time as we spent some time outside learning about this wonderful tradition. We saw how the syrup is evaporated down, watched the maple sugar candy be made (taste tested) and took a ride on a horse drawn carriage.
A fun morning at the Mountsberg Conservation Area and one I look forward to repeating year after year!
Check out one of our other chapter's past Maple Sugar trips!
Newmarket-Aurora : Our Maple Syrup Event

we're going to Bronte Creek this week - can;t wait!
ReplyDelete