Saturday, February 11, 2012

Boy or Girl?


Most of my momstown Guelph moms already know this but if you do not I am currently expecting my third baby! I have always wanted a large family and now that I am past the unbelievable morning sickness I suffered through in first trimester I am beginning to become excited about the newest member of our family.

Two weeks ago I had my 20 week ultrasound. The exciting one where you can finally get a clear picture of your little baby. (One that looks like more than just a blob) It is also the first ultrasound that you can perhaps learn baby boy? or baby girl? if that is something you want to know.

Now I am not here to questions whether finding out the sex of baby is right or wrong so we will leave that to someone else. Personally I like to know. I already have both a Girl and a Boy so I really just need to know what baby clothes to get out and wash.

Also I want to know if my mommy radar is on track again. In my first pregnacy I was sure it was a girl, right I was. In my second pregnancy I was sure it was a boy, right again!

So what is baby number three? Well mommy instinct tells me it is a second little girl. Boy am I ever in trouble. Two little girls, daddy's girls at that. Girls who are just like me and therefore must have the last word and can never be wrong. (Yes these traits are already becoming ingrained in my amazing 4 1/2 year old and I have no one to blame but myself. No she is never going to be pushed around in life but somehow we both have to survive her teen years)

But wait a minute, what is it that the technician is showing me? Right there between the legs...

That's right, a second baby boy! Well boy was my mommy instinct off this time. We are having a baby boy! Surprised yes, happy yes. (My lovely opinionated daughter however is exclaiming how she wanted a baby sister, not another baby brother! Sorry honey, I told you mommy could not choose.)

So now I am not in trouble because I am having a second little princess but instead now I am doomed to have to survive raising another baby boy! The endless energy, climbing, jumping, bumps and bruises.

This is what I get for wanting a large family I guess. Oh well, it certainly makes it easy to decide who is going to share a room. Move over dear son, you are about to get a roommate!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. cute post Leanne - congrats on the baby boy! Never doomed though, boys are beautiful wonders with surprises at every turn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and your family, and can't wait to hear of baby B's arrival.

    ReplyDelete