Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Why I am Proud to be a momstown Entrepreneur


I have been the owner of momstown Guelph now for just under three years.  Being an entrepreneur can be a lonely road which is why I am glad to be a momstown entrepreneur.  As a momstown entrepreneur not only do I have a local network of moms who I not only support but who also support me!  I also have a national team of moms who are doing the same thing as I in their communities.  The key difference I see as a momstown entrepreneur is that I have a Canada wide built in team. 


This is on my mind more with November approaching, as one of our two annual conferences is being held next month at beautiful Fern Resort.  Being on a team and having annual conferences is not unique to momstown licensees.  Many Franchisees and Licensees have this structure, but it is one of the pieces of owning this business that reminds me why I love my work so much.  Every day I have access to woman from across Canada who are all doing the same things as I am.  I can ask them questions and seek their advice.  At the same time I am here for them, to answer questions and dish out advice as needed. 


I play a unique role on the momstown team as I am the Team Leader for Ontario.  I lead by example and am the go to person when someone is not sure about something regarding their business.  Yet I feel that I gain far more as a mentor than I give.  I get to see and hear what these ladies are doing that is unique and different in their communities which I can then take out into my community of moms to better momstown Guelph.  I am proud that I contribute to this amazing team of woman and I am looking forward to bringing back some new ideas to our local community once again.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You are a great team leader Leanne, a fantastic resource for new momstown owners and a tireless cheerleader all while managing 3 kids! You are truly an inspiration to our team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I teared up reading this!

      Delete