Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


We focus on mom a lot, this is momstown after all!  However there is a saying that behind every good man is a good woman.  I do agree with this, the moms I get to meet everyday are amazing woman doing amazing things.  However I think this can be a two way street.  Behind every great woman is a great man.  I know that this is particularily true in my case.

momstown.ca recently asked if your husband is the Dad you want him to be?  Here are my thoughts on this,

In my world there is a man who has cuddled our newborns, changed countless diapers, kissed boo boo’s and held crying babies, toddlers and preschoolers.  He encourages our children to be independant but will get up through the night to ease their fears.  He helps with potty training, swimming lessons and teaches them to ride a bike or kick a ball.

For this he is the Dad I want him to be!

He has loved me through big bellies and swollen anckles.  He serves up late night snacks and fulfills orders of strange cravings.  He allows me to fulfill my dreams whether that be having another baby or opening my own business.  He has never said I cannot have or do anything I have asked for.  He believes in me and stands behind me in all I do.  He does not ask me to give up my dreams and has never told me to quit.  He gives me his total support.  This is what he models to my children.

For this he is the Dad I want him to be!

All of our lists are going to look a little different but take some time today to figure out how your partner is the Dad you want him to be and remember to share that with him!

After 13 years together, 6 years of marriage and three beautiful children I am very lucky to have my husband in my life.  Happy father’s day to my wonderful, loving husband.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment